Personal data protection
We collect both personal and anonymous information.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller is Somfy Limited of Unit 7 Lancaster Way, Airport West, Yeadon, Leeds, LS18 7ZA.
Anonymous information, such as pages viewed or search requests helps us understand your preferences and trends and improve our website for your convenience.
This privacy statement describes our practices on personal information gathering via our website and on its use.
Personal information is any information enabling an individual identification (name, address…). We may collect and process such information about you from forms filled out on our site, from correspondence from you, from details of transactions you carry out through our site, from the fulfilment of your orders, and from details of your visits to our site.
Your use of our website signifies your acceptance of our policy on personal data protection.
Information we require
a. We inform you whether answers required are optional or compulsory while collecting personal information.
b. Any refusal to give information required as compulsory will result in you being unable to submit your request. We will inform you of other consequences of a lack of answer, if any, on a case by case basis.
c. We use the information we collect to :
- understand your needs better and target information sent to you,
- improve our products and services,
- establish communication with you,
- recognise and serve you better in the future,
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- notify you about changes to our service.
d. We can disclose the information we collect to :
- share the marketing knowledge or organize group marketing actions within SOMFY SA Group, which means our subsidiaries, holding companies and affiliates. Companies within our group commit to the same rules as indicated in this personal data policy.
- share the information with our partners for the purposes of fulfilling obligations, making marketing analysis, organizing marketing actions],
- make any disclosure required by law or competent governmental or judicial authorities,
- establish or preserve a legal claim or defence,
- prevent fraud or other illegal activities.
- In the event that our business or part of it is sold, or any part of our business is outsourced, your information may be passed on as part of such sale / outsourcing.
2. Respecting your rights
- a. No personal data will be stored without your consent unless for fulfilling your request or order. Should you wish at any time to refuse the registration of your personal information, any use, disclosure or sale to third parties, please send an e mail to email@example.com
- b. We may send you commercial offers in the future if you agree that we can do so by clicking the appropriate box in information collection areas. This allows you to control and limit the contact we can have with you.
- c. We may transfer your information to countries outside the European Economic Area if you agree that we can do so by clicking the appropriate box in information collection areas. Be aware that some of them may not provide a protection judged adequate to the European standard. However, we will ensure that every entity to which we transfer personal data takes contractual commitments which offers adequate protection with regards to rules applying in the European Union. By opting in to such transfer, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- d. You have the right to access personal information collected, to complete, rectify, and ask us to erase personal information collected by sending an e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to Communication Department of Somfy Limited, privacy statement.
Automatic Collection by Cookies
What is a cookie?
A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier placed on your hard drive when you visit a website..
We use cookie when you visit our site to help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service, and notably in order to:
- identify you for future logins, which saves you from registering each time you connect to our website.
- ensure that we provide you with new information.
Consequences of the refusal or disablement of cookies :
2. Respect of your preferences
How to refuse a cookie?
Common rules for personal information gathered
1. Duration of the storage of personal information.
We store the information relating to your order for 6 years from delivery of the Product you ordered.
2. Security of the personal information collected :
The security of your personal information is of the utmost importance to us. We implement technical measures to prevent accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration, unauthorized disclosure, modification or access to your personal information.
Our employees who have access to your personal information are committed to respecting strict confidentiality.
3. Links to other websites :
While we enable you to connect with other websites through hypertext links, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites and you should check their privacy policies before submitting any personal data to these websites.